Monday 6 January 2014

There again .. maybe not!

Hmmph!! - this is not what I thought I would be writing about today :-(

I managed to run 3 miles on Thursday evening without any problems - no tightness or soreness from my left achilles afterwards and things seemed to be going well. So I headed out again on Saturday morning thinking I would do 3 or 4 miles (I wasn't sure how unfit I would be after a three week layoff). As I reached the end of the first mile I felt a twinge from my left achilles and my heart sank. I tried to keep running a bit further but within 200yds the left achilles was too painful and sore for me to carry on. I turned round and hobbled home (walking was painful, let alone running or jogging).

So that's that then .. no more running for a few more weeks. Later on I'll get hold of my private health provider Axa to see if I can arrange some treatment with the physio I have used in the past.

Any lingering thoughts I had about still being ready for the Bath half-marathon have disappeared. In fact, over the weekend I sent an email cancelling my entry. The Bath Half was supposed to be a stepping stone to getting fit for the Coast To Coast walk in July. As things stand I may be able to run again in a month or two. But for the time being I think I'll forget about any thoughts of running and concentrate instead on building up my walking mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment