Friday 8 March 2013

Running, walking and cruising ..

In January I set myself a target of running 500 miles in 2013. So far my training has been going well - I am on schedule (current mileage is 107 miles) and my pace has been improving just lately. I haven't entered any races yet - but there are some local 10K races I want to enter over the next couple of months and I am looking at training for and entering a couple of half-marathons later in the year (Sep/Oct).

The idea of walking the Ridgeway is definitely still on the cards. I have booked a week's holiday in May but I haven't yet sorted out the overnight stops or accommodation. But having booked three week's worth of hotels, b&b's etc for the Thames Path walk I don't envisage the Ridgeway taking quite as much organising.

But before any of that I have two weeks of relaxation to look forward to. Apparently when I turned 60 last year I was 'officially' old enough to go on a cruise! So on Sunday I head off to Bergen for a "Northern Lights" cruise up and down the coast of Norway. Of course, there are no guarantees I will actually manage to see the Northern Lights. But I understand this is a good time of year to see the lights and a good year generally, so fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment