Thursday 4 April 2013

Day 10 (Tue 19th Mar) – Ornes to Folda

Sad to say, the tenth day of the voyage passed me by without my seeing or doing anything.
Having gone to bed the previous evening, I felt more and more ill as the night wore on. It wasn’t sea-sickness and I knew by then I had come down with the stomach bug. I was awake during the night and I’m sure I don’t need to spell out why! I had no energy and spent most of the following day asleep. Although Margaret had caught the bug as well she didn’t seem to be affected as badly. She was able to leave the cabin occasionally and looked after me. She brought me a cup of tea during the afternoon but because I didn’t feel like eating, I spent the rest of the day surviving on a couple of sugar lumps, some Mentos and lots of water.
While I was laid in bed the only scenery I saw was what was reflected in the tv screen from the cabin window behind me. But to be honest, I had lost all interest in the scenery at that point. Various ports of call came and went, various announcements were made over the tannoy - but they all passed me by. Despite having been asleep for most of the day, I managed to sleep for most of the following night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment