Thursday 4 April 2013

Day 11 (Wed 20th Mar) – Trondheim to Alesund

I eventually woke at 8am on the wed morning, feeling better than I had for the previous 36 hours. I felt well enough by then to get dressed and leave the cabin but wasn’t sure whether or not I was actually over the bug. I had a light breakfast (2 slices of toast) and then later on a light lunch (1 cheese roll). And having been cooped up in my cabin for so long, I felt the need for some fresh air so we went out onto deck 5 (promenade deck) for a while.
I still wasn’t really paying much attention to the ports we were calling at or the surroundings as I was still feeling weak. But I felt a bit better by the evening and decided to go to dinner.
Because some passengers were leaving the ship at Trondheim, the previous evening had been the ‘farewell dinner’. Jon & Mike (our dinner companions) told us about the special dessert they had been served which was brought out with lighted sparklers (they had been amazed the smoke detectors had not been set off). They also said a lady on the next table was celebrating her birthday – apparently the waitress had all come out dancing and waving Norwegian flags when the cake was presented to her. And they mentioned the bottle of champagne which we had missed out on!
I tried the starter (fish soup) and the main course but couldn’t finish either. But I did manage to finish the dessert! ;-)  As it was the last time we might all be together in one place we swapped email addresses so that we could keep in touch and swap photos at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment