Tuesday 10 December 2013

Mission accomplished

The previous long weekend was a busy one with trips to the local recycling centre and a party to attend on Friday, a pre-xmas family get-together taking place on Saturday and more garage de-cluttering and recycling centre visits planned for Sunday. Add being on-call from 10am on Sunday morning to the mix and I was beginning to wonder when I would be able to complete my planned long run. I realised that the only solution would be to get up early on Sunday morning and do my long run before starting the on-call session.

In the event I managed to get out for a run although getting out of bed at 7am seemed a trifle odd (after all, it was the weekend). But I had my breakfast, let it settle, got changed into my running gear and was out of the door by 8:15am. And it was a beautiful morning to be out running. No wind, not too cold, a very light drizzle that soon petered out and not too many dog-walkers out and about in Cirencester Park. For once the other runners I saw outnumbered the dog walkers. Early runs on Sunday mornings are obviously more popular than I realised.

I was planning to up my long run distance to 9 miles. But because I needed to be back home by 10am I had to stick to 8 miles. But even though it was a shorter run than planned, towards the end of the run I reached a target I set myself back in January. I had already worked out my target of 500 miles in 2013 would be reached as I approached the subway at the top of the hill on Tetbury Road. And my cunning plan of balancing the phone on the subway barrier and using the self-timer on my phone worked as you can see ..


I would love to tell you the blurring is due to the sheer speed that I was running past the phone but you would call me a fibber anyway so I won't bother :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment