Thursday 10 July 2014

C2C Day 5

We have arrived in Shap after a long day when we walked for ten hours, covered 17 miles and did over 2500ft of ascent. Total mileage now stands at 64.5 miles so we have covered about one third of the route.

Feet are still okay .. No blisters. But after today legs are very tired. Our leader Chris says now we have managed to complete today's leg we should find the next few days a bit easier.

Update - Sat 12th

I found day 5 very hard work - it was warm and sunny and energy sapping. So I didn't have the energy to write more than the above. During the course of the day we left behind the lake district and entered limestone country. I found myself wishing I was two stone lighter .. Getting up the hills was hard and holding myself back down the steep descents was equally hard. I did stumble at one point. My legs were so tired I couldn't stop myself and ended up on my backside. The high points of the day were the fabulous views of lakeland and an honesty box we came across after climbing a high stile. The box is run by a local schoolboy and a cold can of drink has never tasted so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment