Thursday 3 July 2014

Photos from Avebury walk

As you might expect, I'm keen to try and take some photos on my C2C walk to remind me of the scenery we will have walked through. And much as I'd love to take my digital SLR with me, it's just not practical. So instead, I'll be taking my Fuji Finepix which is small enough and light enough to carry with me and have it easily available.

I've mentioned Cirencester Park a lot recently when writing about my training walks. And I also drove to Avebury one weekend for a walk on the Marlborough Downs. I promised to post some of the photos I've been taking so here they are ..

Avebury & Marlborough Downs

The walk near Avebury included part of the Ridgeway Path which I walked last year. Here's a nice shot of the path ..

.. and a bit further along, here's another one showing Barbury Castle ahead and Liddington Hill in the far distance (which is where the Ridgeway path continues on to as it heads East) ..
 
 
Once I had made my way onto the Marlborough Downs I was in 'horse country' and found a nice spot on the gallops for my lunch ..
 
 
Later on, as I was making my way through Fyfield Down, heading back towards Avebury I walked through an area where there are lots of sarsen stones left over from the ice age ..

 
Eventually I arrived back at The Ridgeway and saw this sign pointing the way back ..
 
And a bit further on, Avebury itself came back into view ..
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment