Tuesday 1 July 2014

C2C - three days to go

Just three full days left now to get organised. But one more thing got ticked off the checklist tonight.

I am hoping by doing this walk I can raise some money for a great little charity called "Arts Together" whose work with older people I admire so I have set up a fund-raising page ..

https://localgiving.com/coasttocoast2014

My company have a "match funding" policy and will match donations pound for pound up to £200. In 2012 (Thames Path) and 2013 (Ridgeway Path) they were kind enough to match the money I raised so I'm hoping my application will be successful again this year. 

I'm finding things connected to the walk are popping into my head in a random manner. Knowing full well I'll never manage to remember them all, I've taken to jotting them down on a "don't forget" list. Or if I'm at home I'll grab whatever it is and pile it up with the rest of the stuff on top of my chest of draws.

Last night one of those random thoughts was when my credit card bill would be due? When I checked I discovered it is the day after I get back. To make life simpler I decided to pay it there and then so that I had one less thing to remember on my return. So I went online, checked the latest statement, switched over to my bank's website and transferred the money - all within a few minutes. Ahh, the joys of internet banking :-)

I had originally thought when packing I would need to fit everything into my large rucksack (a la Thames Path walk). But on reading the info from the walking company again, I found a holdall or soft-sided suitcase are the other alternatives suggested. The only proviso is a maximum weight of 20Kg. I would hope I won't be taking that much gear. But I'm the first to admit I'm not the world's best at packing and 'travelling light' is a concept I sometimes struggle with. Anyway, I am travelling up to St. Bees on the train and as Margaret rightly pointed out, a suitcase will be a lot easier to manoeuvre on and off the carriages (even if it is a bit heavier than it ought to be!)

No comments:

Post a Comment